Our team is expanding
The AKE International team is drawn from a variety of disciplines, including former military, law enforcement, commerce, academia and intelligence. Ranging from non - government organisations to multi-national corporations, our expertise covers the full spectrum of business risks from conception and planning to delivery.
AKE Political Violence Research Analyst
AKE Intelligence is looking to recruit a paid, part-time Political Violence Research Analyst to work in our London office 2/3 days per week. Applicants should have an excellent command of written English, a demonstrable background in international politics or security, and preferably hold a master's degree or equivalent experience.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Tracking incidents of political violence around the world
- Writing summaries of incidents of political violence
- Maintaining AKE’s global incident database
- AKE expects a minimum commitment of three months
- Candidates should have a familiarity with global security trends
- Spanish speaker preferred, other languages are an asset
Applicants should email a CV, short cover letter and relevant writing sample of not more than 350 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking to fill the position as soon as possible and therefore will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
AKE Internship Scheme
AKE Intelligence runs a three-month remote internship scheme every quarter. Applicants should have an excellent command of written English, a demonstrable background in international politics or security, and preferably be working towards a master's degree or equivalent experience. Internet access is also required, but those taking part can do so anywhere in the world. Applicants should have a specialist interest in one of the following regions or areas:
- Latin America
- Eurasia and Former Soviet Union
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Asia Pacific
- International economics
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Provision of analytical political, security and economic intelligence for a range of public and private sector clients.
- Assistance in updating AKE's online country intelligence services, including political, security and economic forecasting.
- Assistance in political risk consulting projects.
Recruitment normally occurs every January, April, July and October. Instead of submitting CVs speculatively, please check the website periodically for details and apply when the formal advert has been placed.
Recruitment fraud notice
It has come to our attention that fraudulent job offers are being made by persons claiming to represent AKE. All of our vacancies are advertised on our website, and we will never charge a fee as part of the recruitment process. AKE will always contact you using the official AKE email address ending in @akegroup.com.