Our team is expanding
The AKE International team is drawn from a variety of disciplines, including former military, law enforcement, commerce, academia and intelligence. Ranging from non - government organisations to multi-national corporations, our expertise covers the full spectrum of business risks from conception and planning to delivery.
AKE Intelligence is looking to recruit a paid, part-time researcher for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, to work on a contracted basis for 3 days per week.
- Excellent command of written English.
- Demonstrable background in the politics and security of the MENA region.
- Ability to work remotely in a disciplined manner.
- Hold or be working towards a master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in providing political and security risk analysis in a professional context would be beneficial.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Updating AKE’s online country risk platform Global Intake
- Assist Intelligence Analyst in monitoring AKE’s country risk ratings for MENA
- Monitor and document incidents of political violence (when required)
- Conduct research for tailored political risk reports for AKE's clients (when required)
- Conduct research for a range of political, security and travel risk client products (when required)
AKE expects a minimum commitment of three months. Although a remote role, the Researcher will ideally be able to attend AKE's London office for training on a monthly basis.
Applicants should email a CV, short cover letter and relevant writing sample of not more than 500 words to email@example.com. Writing samples should focus on the political risks facing organisations operating in a country of the candidate's choosing in the MENA region.
The deadline for applications is 11pm on Thursday 24th August
September 2017 Remote Internship Scheme
AKE Group is looking to recruit interns for its three-month remote internship scheme, running from 4 September 2017 to 1 December 2017. Applicants should have an excellent command of written English, a demonstrable background in international politics or security and preferably be working towards a master’s degree or equivalent experience. As this is a remote programme, applicants must have reliable internet access.
Please note that while this is an unpaid (voluntary) scheme, we aim to provide applicants with feedback and training as well as help and advice with future careers. In some cases remote interns will be able to interact with other departments in the wider AKE Group. While the scheme is remote, successful candidates are encouraged to meet with analysts in London where possible.
Applicants should have a specialist interest in one of the below regions or areas, and should specify in the subject line of their application which desk they are applying for. Each applicant may only apply for one desk. Applications that do not state the specified area of interest will not be considered.
- Latin America (specialism in Mexico or Brazil preferred)
- Eurasia/Former Soviet Union
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Asia-Pacific (specialism in South-East Asia preferred)
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates;
- Provision of analytical intelligence for a range of public and private sector clients;
- Provision of internal company reports and briefings;
- Assistance in updating AKE’s online country intelligence services;
- Assistance in political risk consulting projects.
- Candidates should be specialists in one of the aforementioned regions or areas and specify this regional/area interest in the subject line of their emailed application
- Candidates should only apply if they have sufficient spare time to contribute to the internship programme, usually around 10 hours per week. Although the tasks candidates are requested to do vary, most interns are asked to contribute to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates, which will require a commitment of around two hours each weekday.
- Candidates should have a familiarity with political, economic and security trends in the relevant region/area and must be able to produce clear and concise analysis of pertinent events.
- Candidates will at the very least be working toward a bachelor’s degree (but preferably educated to post-graduate level) in a relevant discipline. It would be advantageous to have some experience of the business sectors within which AKE works.
- Knowledge of one or more relevant regional languages is preferable.
Applicants should email a CV, short cover letter and relevant writing sample of not more than 350 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your availability in the coming months and stress any regional or topical expertise in the subject line. You will then be tasked to assess your suitability for the scheme. The deadline for applications is 23:00 GMT on 6 August 2017
*Please note: AKE will only contact successful candidates*
Recruitment fraud notice
It has come to our attention that fraudulent job offers are being made by persons claiming to represent AKE. All of our vacancies are advertised on our website, and we will never charge a fee as part of the recruitment process. AKE will always contact you using the official AKE email address ending in @akegroup.com.