Researcher (Sub-Saharan Africa)
AKE International is recruiting for the position of Contracted Researcher – Sub-Saharan Africa to join AKE’s dynamic intelligence team in providing bespoke security and risk consulting.
The position will involve providing critical research and analytical support to the Sub-Saharan Africa desk. Applicants should have knowledge of and strong interest in political, economic and security issues affecting the Sub-Saharan Africa region, and should be able to commit 3 days per week for a minimum period of 3 months. Contracts will be extended beyond the initial three-month period where suitable to both parties.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Assistance in updating AKE’s online country intelligence platform.
- Writing incident reports on political violence and kidnap and ransom in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Provision of analytical intelligence research for a range of public and private sector clients.
- Assistance in contributing research to country and industry-specific consulting projects.
- Contributing to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates to inform clients of the evolving political and security situation.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative research to evaluate economic and fiscal risks.
- Provision of regional or specialised internal company reports and briefings.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally, to present complex regional developments.
- Excellent English skills and ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- A demonstrated ability to both work within a team and independently.
- Highly organised with effective time management skills.
- Be able to commit at least 3 days per week, 7 hours per day.
- Candidates should have the right to work in the UK.
Candidates should email a CV and short cover letter detailing their motivation and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org Please clearly state the position title in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for the position to start on 29 March.
Please note AKE will only contact successful candidates