AKE Researcher: Sub-Saharan Africa
AKE International is recruiting for the position of Contracted Researcher – Sub-Saharan Africa to join AKE’s dynamic intelligence team in providing bespoke security and risk consulting.
The position will involve providing critical research and analytical support to the Sub-Saharan Africa desk. Applicants should have knowledge of and strong interest in political, economic and security issues affecting the Sub-Saharan Africa region, and should be able to commit 4 days per week for a minimum period of 3 months. Contracts will be extended beyond the initial three-month period where suitable to both parties.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Assistance in updating AKE’s online country intelligence platform.
- Writing incident reports on political violence and kidnap and ransom in the Sub-Saharan Africa region with knowledge of the Sahel and Nigeria an advantage.
- Provision of analytical intelligence research for a range of public and private sector clients.
- Assistance in contributing research to country and industry-specific consulting projects.
- Contributing to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates to inform clients of the evolving political and security situation.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative research to evaluate economic and fiscal risks.
- Provision of regional or specialised internal company reports and briefings.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally, to present complex regional developments.
- Excellent English skills and ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- A demonstrated ability to both work within a team and independently.
- Highly organised with effective time management skills.
- Be able to commit at least 4 days per week, 7 hours per day.
- Candidates should have the right to work in the UK.
Candidates should email a CV and short cover letter detailing their motivation and suitability for the role to email@example.com. Please clearly state the position title in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for the position to start on 2 August.
*Please note AKE will only contact successful candidates*
AKE Remote Internship Scheme
AKE International is current recruiting for a four month remote, voluntary internship scheme for a position on AKE’s Iraq desk.
- Applicants should have an excellent command of written English, a demonstrable background in international politics and/ or security, and preferably be working towards a master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Internet access is required, and the position can be undertaken from anywhere in the world.
- A working knowledge of the Arabic language is preferred by not essential.
- Applicants should have a specialist interest in Iraq and/ or the wider Middle East and North Africa
- The position requires two hours availability per business day.
Duties and responsibilities include the provision of bespoke security and where necessary economic intelligence for a range of public and private sector clients.
Applicants should send their CV, cover letter and a writing sample of no more than 350 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will start in mid to late August.
Recruitment normally occurs every four months. Instead of submitting CVs speculatively, please check the website periodically for details and only apply when the formal advert has been placed.