Researcher – Middle East and North Africa (MENA) – Full or Part Time
AKE International is recruiting for the position of Researcher to join AKE’s dynamic intelligence team in providing bespoke security and risk consulting.
Full and part time applications will be considered for this position, which may suit candidates currently studying for a postgraduate qualification.
This role will involve providing research and analytical support primarily to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) desk. Applicants should be fluent in Arabic and should have a knowledge of and a strong interest in political, economic and security issues affecting the MENA region.
Candidates based in the UK should have the right to work in the UK. We also welcome – and encourage – applications from candidates based in the region and elsewhere.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Contributing analytical and research support to AKE’s Iraq desk.
- Writing incident reports on political violence and kidnap and ransom primarily in the MENA region.
- Provision of analytical intelligence research for a range of public and private sector clients.
- Assistance in updating AKE’s online country risk platform Global Intake.
- Contributing to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates.
- Involvement and support to the team’s internal work-flow process: proofreading, posting and publishing tasks.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Lively interest in and good knowledge of political, economic and security issues in the MENA region, with expertise in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and/ or Iran an advantage.
- Hold or be currently studying for a Masters’ degree in a relevant subject (e.g., International Relations, Middle Eastern Politics, Security, Development, etc.).
- Excellent English skills and ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- A demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently.
- Highly organised with effective time management skills.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally, able to present complex regional developments.
Candidates should email a CV, short cover letter and relevant unedited writing sample of no more than 350 words to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for the position to start as soon as possible.
*Please note AKE will only contact successful candidates*