AKE Remote Internship Scheme
AKE International is looking to recruit interns for its four-month remote internship scheme to start on 1 February.
Applicants should have an excellent command of written English, a demonstrable background in international politics or security and preferably be working towards a master’s degree or equivalent experience. As this is a remote programme, applicants must have reliable internet access.
Please note that while this is an unpaid (voluntary) scheme, we aim to provide applicants with feedback and training as well as help and advice with future careers.
Applicants should have a specialist interest in one of the below regions or areas and should specify in the subject line of their application which desk they are applying for.
Each applicant may only apply for one desk.
- Europe/Former Soviet Union
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- United States
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Contribute to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates;
- Contribute to updating AKE’s online risk platform, including Political Violence and Kidnap & Ransom;
- Assist in political risk consulting projects.
- Provide analytical intelligence for a range of public and private sector clients;
- Provide internal company reports and briefings;
- Candidates should be specialists in one of the aforementioned regions or areas and specify this regional/area interest in the subject line of their emailed application
- Candidates should only apply if they have sufficient time to contribute to the internship programme, usually around 10 hours per week. Although the tasks candidates are requested to complete do vary, most interns are asked to contribute to AKE’s Daily Risk Updates, which will require a commitment of around two hours each weekday.
- Candidates should have a familiarity with political, economic and security trends in the relevant region/area and must be able to produce clear and concise analysis of pertinent events.
- Candidates will at least be working toward a bachelor’s degree but be preferably educated to post-graduate level in a relevant discipline. It would be advantageous to have some experience of the business sectors within which AKE works.
- Knowledge of one or more relevant regional languages is preferable.
Applicants should email a CV, short cover letter and relevant writing sample of no more than 350 words to email@example.com. Shortlisted applicants will be tasked with a writing exercise to assess their suitability for the scheme.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.