- Following French military intervention in Mali in 2013, terrorist attacks in West Africa have escalated in retaliation.
- The risk to French assets is further heightened due the likely French response, at home and abroad, to recent attacks in Paris and Nice.
- There is a high threat from terrorism and kidnap aimed at Western targets, particularly in Mali, Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire.
- Likely targets are locations frequented by foreigners, with a lower but still notable threat to foreign commercial assets and personnel.
- There is potential for future attacks to create wider regional instability
Download the report.